The Taste of Bermuda food festival which will run from September 30th to October 2nd, and the City is “currently looking for creative and dynamic food and beverage offerings to include in this year’s Taste lineup.”
A spokesperson said, “One of the City of Hamilton’s most anticipated and fastest-growing annual events has returned for its ninth year with a reimagined concept!
“The City is advising members of the public to save the date for Taste of Bermuda – Hamilton’s most delicious and fun food festival which will run from September 30th to October 2nd.
“Taste of Bermuda aims to highlight Bermuda’s eateries, showcase local culinary talent, as well as create vibrant and engaging multi-sensory experiences like never before.”
“In previous years, the event program has been known to bring out upwards of 4,000 attendees over the course of the weekend,” said the City’s Director of Marketing and Communications Mrs Jessica Astwood.
“Our team has been putting in overtime to create another signature weekend of palate-pleasing culinary festivities. It feels good to have in-person events again and the City is making sure that this will be a weekend that offers truly unique experiences for Bermuda. The City also has a few surprises planned that we’re hoping will bring out the entire island! Stay tuned.”
A spokesperson added, “This bespoke culinary experience has been designed to create an atmosphere which will connect attendees collectively with both old traditions and new trends in the culinary industry. Taste of Bermuda promises to showcase our culture, celebrate community and support Bermuda businesses.”
“Among the offerings at the Taste of Bermuda 2022 event will be:
Set the Bar: Cocktail Competition
- Friday, September 30th, 2022
- The City of Hamilton will team up with Bacardi at their newly renovated headquarters to present Bermuda’s premier cocktail competition. This evening will feature speciality products, flair bartending, delicious creations and a setting fit for the perfect Friday sunset happy hour.
Front Street Formal: Live Dining Experience
- Saturday, October 1st, 2022
- Join the City as Front Street is shut down in style to assemble Bermuda’s longest dinner table. Indulge in a 3-course plated meal, break bread with great company, and enjoy live local entertainment showcases. Close the evening out with a nightcap and dancing in the centre of Hamilton’s most iconic street.
- Sunday, October 2nd, 2022
- This lively street festival will feature a range of entertainment, a kids zone and culinary delights served up via Bermuda’s most beloved food vendors and culinary institutions along Front Street. The flagpole viewing stand will be transformed into a culinary stage and activated with upbeat cooking demos and DJs mixing classic cooking tunes.
“The City is currently looking for creative and dynamic food and beverage offerings to include in this year’s Taste lineup,” said Mrs Astwood. “The City is looking for vendors that can provide one or two food or beverage items that they specialize in.
“The limited menu will allow attendees to indulge in more diverse offerings from even more vendors this year. The five categories of participating vendors we are looking to engage are food and beverage vendors or stalls, food trucks, fresh produce, Bermuda cookbook & cookware, and décor tablescape showcases.”
To apply to become a vendor at the Tasting Village click here. To apply as an interested bartender or chef for cooking demos on the culinary stage click here. The deadline for vendor participation is September 1st. For questions, please email email@example.com. Additional information, including event ticket release dates and a schedule of events, will be made available as details are confirmed, via the City’s social media channels and website.
Mrs Astwood added: “Taste of Bermuda appeals to such a wide range of Bermuda’s residents and visitors – from those seeking family-friendly activities for the weekend to those interested in unique, memorable eating, drinking and entertainment experiences and anyone with a simple love of food! The program will transform the City into a gateway of all things delectable for one weekend!”
Read More About
Category: All, Entertainment