I bit into a plastic tag while eating a KFC meal and almost choked


A MAN was left disgusted after nearly choking on a plastic tag he found while tucking into his KFC meal.

Furious Jack Kempson, 32, has slammed the fast food chain for the distasteful – and dangerous – addition to his Boneless Banquet.

4

Jack Kempson, 32, chomped down on a piece of plastic while tucking into his chickenCredit: MEN Media
The furious KFC customer said he nearly choked on the mystery object

4

The furious KFC customer said he nearly choked on the mystery objectCredit: MEN Media

The dad-to-be had visited the new drive-thru KFC restaurant on Market Lane at Eastfield, near Scarborough with his partner.

The hungry pair ordered £16 worth of food from the branch, with Jack opting for the boneless meal.

But as he devoured a chicken fillet, he got a nasty surprise when he instead sunk his teeth into a sharp piece of plastic.

He had only noticed the foreign object when it was already in his mouth.

Jack explained: “I noticed the texture. I pulled it out of my mouth straight away.”

The 32-year-old from Scarborough explained after taking a closer look, it appeared to be a piece of red plastic and a paper tag with numbers printed on it.

And the KFC customer said the mystery object seemed to have “gone through the fryer” and was “under the seasoning.”

He told YorkshireLive: “I was disgusted. It’s a recently opened restaurant.

Most read in The Scottish Sun

“There was a massive queue so I went home instead of going back in. I emailed head office and am still waiting for a reply.

“I have complained (to KFC) and sent them a photo of my receipt and a photo of the plastic.”

Jack added that he has been put off eating at the infamous chicken chain – but is mostly just relieved it wasn’t his pregnant partner who got the nasty surprise in her meal.

He continued: “If I had choked she wouldn’t have been able to do the Heimlich manoeuvre because her bump would be in the way.”

Jack wrote in an email to KFC: “Ordered a boneless banquet as well as other things for my partner at a recently opened drive through KFC in Eastfield, Scarbrough.

“Paying on card. Sat in the car, ate all the boneless banquet with one mini fillet left.

“Took a bite out of the fillet to find a piece of plastic tag in the chicken under the seasoning. Nearly choking on the piece of plastic.”

A spokeswoman for KFC said of the incident: “This certainly doesn’t meet the Colonel’s high standards.

“Our restaurants serve fresh, quality chicken breaded that day in restaurants.

Meghan & Harry respond minutes after Queen bans them from balcony at Jubilee
Hamilton threatens to PULL OUT of first-ever Miami GP due to SECRET piercing

“Our labels are used to mark the time food has been prepared, or the time that day when it can no longer be served, and it looks like one accidentally got caught up in the fryer.

“We know this wasn’t a great experience and we never want to leave our guests disappointed so we’re in touch with Jack to make things right.”

Jack had purchased £16 worth of food from the new drive-thru KFC on Market Lane

4

Jack had purchased £16 worth of food from the new drive-thru KFC on Market LaneCredit: Google maps
The 32-year-old says he has been put off eating KFC after the incident

4

The 32-year-old says he has been put off eating KFC after the incidentCredit: MEN Media





Source link

Leave a Reply